Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Keller Williams, minus the Keels, and plus Bob Weir

Please forgive me. The rain on Friday and not being close enough for pictures kept me from taking shots until the Keller Williams on Saturday 6:20 pm. I really wished I had pictures of Railroad Earth and George Clinton from Friday but the rain got every thing wet. Railroad Earth was full of down pours yet we both agreed that the music made the rain tolerable. When the rain finally let up George Clinton and P-Funk covered the venue in that stanky funk. Believe me you could literally felt something in the air when P-Funk was on. Clinton's granddaughter is a sick lyricists! I can only explain the funk as some thing that gets in one makes you move like you got something crawling all over you. It is just the funk and boy was it nice to see Clinton again. The dude it the man diaper was not Bootsy but any grown dude ripping the funk and wearing a man diaper is cool to me.

Anyway, Keller Williams was easy to get close to the stage. She likes him so we sat up close. Keller is fun to watch loop and create music all by himself but we both looked forward to seeing him with the keys. He included in his rant that the Keels got tied up in the air and he was on his own. Looking before we went to the fest at Keller's recent lists I knew he would be joined by Bob Weir. Sure enough our came Bobby!

I really enjoyed the cover of Willin'. What a great song. Good old trucking songs make me think of Convoy the movie from the 80's. Haven't found the set list on this yet but really enjoyed the show when Keller and Weir played.






No comments: