Thursday, July 20, 2006

Now the Black Crowes


THE BLACK CROWES 7/18/2006

Now I have waited two days to process the show. First check out the set list. I think I made myself clear that I really like the Crowes music. The show at the Mohegan Sun was just not that good. For these reasons. First the sound was at best tolerable. The lyrics were difficult to hear over the guitars. Really this is the only show I have ever been to that I wish I had ear plugs. This is really not the bands fault the venue may just not be the best for their sound. And finally I was left with a sour taste after the show due to Chris' comments directed to some jack ass who threw something on stage at the end. Chris comments were, "Which ever one of you assholes just threw something at us, I'll meet you back stage to kick your ass". He went on to say something about the rest of the crowd should have a peaceful night. Well I am sorry Chris your words are not consistent. Peace or violence? One or the other. You really don't impress your fans nor make yourself look cool reacting like that. I really wish he would have just laughed it off.
That said, I think a bad Crowes show is better than sitting at home jamming them on my ipod. We danced and had fun anyway. I noticed the jams were really draw out. My friend commented that he thought most people want to hear the hits not hippy jams. Well I think the jams are what the Crowes are live but my trouble is with thier song selection. I have heard them jam so many songs I didn't hear the best this night.

Sorry for not getting a good picture of Marc Ford. He was tearing it up that night. My camera wasn't cooperating.

This guy was freaking me out. Not sure what this was about but I had to take a picture.

No comments: